Monday, October 6, 2008

Time for a CHANGE




I personally do not have any opinion on American Politics. As immature as this may sound, I do not find an interest when it comes to politics in general at all. I feel this is a view I will posses only for a couple of more years, considering I just became eligible to vote. Soon enough I will have to get very involved seeing as I will have to be voting for something I will strongly vouch for. For the sake of this blog though, I will spit my personal thoughts on the Presidential Election, seeing as it is a very legendary one already. Seeing as the U.S.A is slowly approaching a recession, and almost a depression, this election is a very important one for the near future of the star country. Their international influence as well as power, is being seen as a decline due to their interactions with the war in Iraq and relations with Middle Eastern countries. This election is a memorable one because it is the first time an African American is a nominee. The two candidates pose two very opposite views. John McCain, a Vietnam War Veteran, and realist, whose views resemble those of current presidents George W. Bush, seem to be presenting an America we have already seen. Barrack Obama on the other hand, an African American raised in Indonesia, with idealist views, presents a picture of America that many have been waiting for. The way I see it is, America needs a change, and that is what Obama is offering. The only thing that is stopping him is the citizens of the United States that strongly believe the Republican views of George W. Bush, that John McCain seems to resemble, and the views that have been followed over the last eight years. The views that seem to be working right?………….. Just Vote Obama damn it!



No comments: