Monday, October 6, 2008

:O Is that the IPhone!!



Although I feel many of my fellow Gryphons will pick the same technology as I have, I still felt the need to express my opinion on the legendary IPod. It feels like yesterday was 2001 when the brick of a music playing device came out and sparked the eyes of millions of teenagers. Today I see it as more than just a MP3 player, it’s an image of modern and popular culture. I personally don’t even have to see the IPod itself to distinguish it. Their iconic white headphones tell me right away that the person is rockin’ out with an IPod. Apple is completely adjusting to today’s markets as well. In previous years, you could get an MP3 player for a lot cheaper than an IPod, but recently, IPod has been lowering the prices drastically to expand their target markets. Speaking of target markets, IPod is known to target teenagers with their hip commercials and popular songs, but it didn’t take long for their commercials to appeal to other demographics older than teenagers. Their continuous promise to be the best on the market, as well as offering a variety of products keeps them on top of the competition. It has come to the point that if you own an IPod, you are portrayed as being hip and cool. What Apple and its product have done to today’s culture is totally brainwashed it to view the IPod as a necessity over a luxury good. It will take a strong force from another company to try and overpower Apple in the MP3 business, considering their current stance on the market. The biggest fear I see Apple portraying is the brand new IPhone… I don’t know who should be more worried? My mom knowing that another $300 out of her wallet will finally make me “cool” again? Or telling Nokia and LG that they’re in trouble? Can’t wait to see what’s next!

No comments: