Monday, October 6, 2008

SEX!



It is only human nature to look twice when seeing the simple three letter word. Caught my attention just the other day when I saw a campaign poster from a fellow student running for a position in the so called residence parliamentary. A small three letter word, in large font, bolded, and underneath a caption stating; “ Now that I have your attention, Vote …” It was then that I realized how easy it was to grab a hold of one’s attention. The poster made me think of question number five of selecting and analyzing an ad from a magazine. I thought of an old SKYY Vodka ad I had seen in GQ magazine from a couple years back. It consists of a very attractive blonde dressed in a bikini, airbrushed to perfection, with her body laying away from you as the viewer, tanning on a perfect blue sunny day. Standing over her, is an upper class male dressed in a well tailored suit, wearing expensive accessories holding a bottle of SKYY and two fancy glasses. The first thing I noticed was the girl, simply due to the exposure of her body, not until my second glance did I notice the signature blue SKYY bottle, and third glance was once again the girl. Expose her body, sell the vodka. The title of the ad "Riviera Rendezvous” got me. Although hidden on the side crease, the viewer can still see that this man means to get the woman intoxicated and take advantage of the situation. SKYY is making me believe that if I buy their product, I’ll get the girl. Well, there’s only one way to find out…

No comments: